We've moved from Baltimore, Maryland USA to Venice, Italy in pursuit of living our dream!



Sunday, February 1, 2015

Venice kicks off Carnevale 2015

The Grand Opening of Venice's 2015 Carnevale was just that- GRAND!   Festa Veneziana sull'acqua, a spectacular display of sound, sight, and imagination kicked off the weekend's events designed for the local citizens to enjoy. Last night two shows were performed on the Cannaregio canal, at 6 and 8pm. Citizens lined the canal in anticipation and they were not disappointed. 

Mike and I arrived a bit late at about 6:10pm.  I have photos, but I was so far back in the crowd, they aren't decent. Luckily, this video posted on You Tube lets you get the full effect. Just watch and enjoy!  




Doesn't this make you put Venice on your bucket list, if it wasn't already?

Ciao!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely video!
I've missed you!

Michelle

karen said...

Thanks, Michelle!

Dianne said...

WOW, wish I was there again this year. Thanks for the splendid video. Have a good time at Carnevale for me (and some fritelle too)
Dianne